Adobe Photoshop is an amazing photo editing application which can be used for creating some stellar photos. It is a complete image editing application which can perform loads of amazing effects in your images and one of them is light effects. In this tutorial you will learn how to apply light effects in Photoshop.You can also learn about Pen and Type Tools in Photoshop. For applying the light effect you need to follow these steps.
- 1St of all you need to create a new document from the File menu.
- Once the new document is created you have to apply the Layer Style on the background layer.
- Now add Gradient Overlay as well as a Pattern Overlay.
- Now select any icon of your choice and then select the Ellipse Tool (Keyboard Shortcut: U) and create an elliptical shape.
- Now apply Gaussian Blur through File>Blur>Gaussian Blur.
- Set the radius of the blur to 30px.
- Now create a new folder and name it Light Effects.
- Change the blend mode to Color Dodge and then move the ellipse that has been created to the folder.
- For creating spark you need to use brush engine. For this you need to add a new layer inside Light Effects layer.
- Set the color of the layer as White.
- Add Outer Glow to the sparks by using Layer Styles.
- Now is the time to add some smoke and for that you need to create a new layer and name it “Smoke”.
- Change it’s blend mode to Color Dodge and then select the Lasso Tool.
- Set the value of 40px for Feather.
- Add the text that you want and use the Layer Styles once again for creating a nice effect.
Now you have got the amazing light effect for your logo or image.