Adobe Photoshop is an image editing application which can be used for creating some cool stuff when it comes to photos. Photoshop is a very vast application and has got loaded of tools and functions which a designer can use to improve his designs and photos. In this tutorial you will learn you can you rotate an image to any degree while using Adobe Photoshop. For rotating your images and the objects you can follow these simple steps.
- Go to the Image menu in the Menu bar and select it.
- From the drop down menu select Rotate Canvas.
- Rotate Canvas has got 4 different options which you can select. These include 180°, 90° CW, 90° CCW and Arbitrary.
- With 180° option you can rotate your image or object by 180 degrees.
- With 90° CW option you can rotate image by 90 degrees in clockwise direction.
- With 90° CCW option you can rotate the image 90 degrees in anticlockwise direction.
- If you select the Arbitrary option a Rotate Canvas dialog box will appear where you have to specify the angle and also have to define the direction of the rotation. With this option you can rotate the object at any angle.
You can also rotate the object in Photoshop from Edit menu. For this you need to follow these steps.
- 1st of all you need to make the object in Photoshop which you want to rotate.
- Now select the object with the help of Move Tool.
- Once the object is selected go to the Edit menu and select Transform and then select Rotate.
- After selecting Rotate tool you will notice small boxes on the corners of the object.
- Click on one of the boxes and rotate it to any degree to want in either clockwise direction or anticlockwise direction.
Flipping an Image
For flipping an image you need to go to Image menu and select Rotate Canvas.
After selecting Rotate Canvas option you will get two options Flip Horizontal and Flip Vertical. With Flip Horizontal you can mirror the image as to a vertical axis while in Flip Vertical you can mirror the image as to the horizontal axis.